Full Name and Legal entity: The Hotel Nanny Ltd
UK Company Number 08362262
Registered office The Mews, 12a Church Street, Tetbury, Glos, GL8 8JG.0
We take seriously the protection of your privacy and confidentiality. We understand that all visitors to our website are entitled to know that their personal data will not be used for any purpose unintended by them and will not accidentally fall into the hands of a third party.
1. We undertake to preserve the confidentiality of all information you provide to us, and hope that you reciprocate.
2. Our policy complies with UK law accordingly implemented, including that required by the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
3. The law requires us to tell you about your rights and our obligations to you in regards to the processing and control of your personal data. We do this now, by requesting that you read the information provided at www.knowyourprivacyrights.org
4. Except as set out below, we do not share, or sell, or disclose to a third party, any information collected through our website. The bases on which we process information about you
What we collect & why
The law requires us to determine under which bases we process different categories of your personal information, and to notify you of the basis for each category. If a basis on which we process your personal information is no longer relevant then we shall immediately stop processing your data. If the basis changes then if required by law we shall notify you of the change and of any new basis under which we have determined that we can continue to process your information.
1. Information we process because we have a contractual obligation with you. When you create an account on our website, buy a product or service from us, or otherwise agree to our terms and conditions, a contract is formed between you and us. In order to carry out our obligations under that contract we must process the information you give us. Some of this information may be personal information. We may use it in order to:
· verify your identity for security purposes
· provide you with our services
· provide you with suggestions and advice on products, services and how to obtain the most from using our website
We process this information on the basis there is a contract between us, or that you have requested we use the information before we enter into a legal contract. Additionally, we may aggregate this information in a general way and use it to provide class information, for example to monitor our performance with respect to a particular service we provide. If we use it for this purpose, you as an individual will not be personally identifiable. We shall continue to process this information until the contract between us ends or is terminated by either party under the terms of the contract.
3. Information we process because we have a legal obligation. Sometimes, we must process your information in order to comply with a statutory obligation. For example, we may be required to give information to legal authorities if they so request or if they have the proper authorisation such as a search warrant or court order.
4. Information provided on the understanding that it will be shared with a third party. Our website sometimes uses customer reviews. We do not specifically use this information except to allow it to be displayed or shared. We do store it, and we reserve a right to use it in the future in any way we decide. Once your information enters the public domain, we have no control over what any individual third party may do with it. We accept no responsibility for their actions at any time. Provided your request is reasonable and there is no legal basis for us to retain it, then at our discretion we may agree to your request to delete personal information that you have posted. You can make a request by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Complaints regarding content on our website. If you complain about any of the content on our website, we shall investigate your complaint. If we feel it is justified or if we believe the law requires us to do so, we shall remove the content while we investigate.
6. Information relating to your method of payment Payment information is never taken by us or transferred to us either through our website or otherwise. At the point of payment, you are transferred to a reputable payment service provider such as PayPal. That page may be branded to look like a page on our website, but it is not controlled by us.
7. Job application and employment If you send us information in connection with a job application for employment with us, we may keep it for up to three years in case we decide to contact you at a later date. If we employ you, we collect information about you and your work from time to time throughout the period of your employment. This information will be used only for purposes directly relevant to your employment. After your employment has ended, we will keep your file for six years before destroying or deleting it.
8. Sending a message to our support team. When you contact us, whether by telephone, through our website or by e-mail, we collect the data you have given to us in order to reply with the information you need. We record your request and our reply in order to increase the efficiency of our business. We keep personally identifiable information associated with your message, such as your name and email address so as to be able to track our communications with you to provide a high quality service.
9. Complaining. When we receive a complaint, we record all the information you have given to us. We use that information to resolve your complaint. If your complaint reasonably requires us to contact some other person, we may decide to give to that other person some of the information contained in your complaint. We do this as infrequently as possible, but it is a matter for our sole discretion as to whether we do give information, and if we do, what that information is. We may also compile statistics showing information obtained from this source to assess the level of service we provide, but not in a way that could identify you or any other person.
10. Affiliate and business partner information This is information given to us by you in your capacity as an affiliate of us or as a business partner. It allows us to recognise visitors that you have referred to us. The information is not used for any other purpose. We undertake to preserve the confidentiality of the information and of the terms of our relationship. We expect any affiliate or partner to agree to reciprocate this policy.
Data Sharing & Processing
We will not sell, distribute or lease your information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required to do so by the law.
To assist in combating fraud, we share information with credit reference agencies, so far as it relates to clients or customers who instruct their credit card issuer to cancel payment to us without having first provided an acceptable reason to us and given us the opportunity to refund their money.
Data may be processed outside the European Union. Our websites are hosted in the UK. We may also use outsourced services in countries outside the European Union from time to time in other aspects of our business. Accordingly, data obtained within the UK or any other country could be processed outside the European Union. We ensure that all our service providers conform to European Commission codes which give the personal data the same protection as it has in Europe.
A cookie is a small file that asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets us know when you visit a particular page. Cookie allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but you can usually modify your browser settings to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage from the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over the content on these sites. Therefore, we are not responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide to these sites. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and
managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on a website, look for the box to tick which indicates that you do not want your information used by anyone for direct marketing purposes.
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal details for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind by writing to us at The Hotel Nanny, The Mews, Tetbury, Gloucestershire, GL8 8JG.
You may request details about the personal information that we hold about. A small fee may be payable. If you would like a copy of this information please write to The Hotel Nanny, The Mews, Tetbury, Gloucestershire, GL8 8JG. If you believe that any of the information that we're holding about you is correct please contact us and we will promptly correct it.
When we receive any request to access, edit or delete personal identifiable information we shall first take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting you access or otherwise taking any action. This is important to safeguard your information.
All rights reserved © 2018 The Hotel Nanny